As we get closer and closer to the end of December our minds are flooded with thoughts about what to get for the ones we love. I wanted to share a gift guide for those who love handmade objects just as much as I do. I've spent the past couple of weeks getting into the holiday spirit, hopping from craft market to craft market and there is no shortage of amazing ideas for the discerning people on your list. If you ask my husband he'll (likely) tell you that I can't be held back from a group of makers all gathered under one roof. Like a moth to a flame! This gift guide spans the USA and has a little something for everyone on your list! Let's shop, shall we?
Here are some of my favorite picks of the season to shop small and support independent makers and designers:
1. Linn Tee in Navy Silk Crepe by Elizabeth Suzanne ($175) - A favorite shape in a grown up fabric. Easily dress it up or down. This company always blows me away with their ability to communicate value. They really bring you behind the scenes and show you what goes into making their clothes and wares.
2. Plant No.1 Art Print by Cat Call Collective ($10) - Designed and printed right in my hometown, this is the cutest illustration in the perfect size. Grab a pre-made frame to pair with it and you have yourself a lovely and affordable gift to give!
3. Camille Ring with Pave Diamonds by Vanessa Lianne Jewelry ($850) - I went to jewelry school with Vanessa and she’s a good friend. Every year I feel like I might blow all my money on her jewels. This ring is begging to be included in a daily stack.
4. Karate Jacket (for the kiddos) by Rudy Jude ($105) - For the cool kids. This jacket makes my insides feel all warm and fuzzy. Just picture a kid you know in this little jacket and tell me you wouldn’t feel the same.
5. Oloid Sculpture in Blush by Pat Kim ($150) - For the object enthusiast in your life. This handmade wood sculpture is so very dreamy.
6. Indoek Wax Kit by Indoek ($95) - For your surfer friends. When I met my husband we lived at the beach and he surfed daily. I guarantee you that if we still lived by the ocean this would be in his kit.
7. Wooden Coffee Scoop by Herriott Grace ($180) - This company, founded by a father-daughter duo, produce unbelievably gorgeous wares for your kitchen and table. I love the size of this spoon. Their shop is also full of other things that would happily sit under a tree.
8. Marbled Leather Coasters by Janet Crowther ($28) - Yep, made these myself and couldn’t help but include them. Appropriate for almost anyone on your list and ready to ship!
9. Cooking Up Trouble by Leela Cyd and Anne Parker ($30) - A beautiful and inspiring cookbook for the times. Added bonus that 100% of the proceeds go to Planned Parenthood. Win-win.
10. Cocoa Rose Lip Collection by Herbivore ($49) - A little bit of everything for the beauty enthusiast in your life. Made in small batches with all natural ingredients, plus the really dreamy packaging doesn’t hurt.
11. Lavanda Napkins by Dana Haim ($65) - I’m a sucker for a stripe and this bright and delightful color combination makes me want to throw a picnic party. Grab a set of four and wrap them up with some hand-dipped beeswax candles for a really awesome gift.
12. Mobile Earrings in Jasper, Sodalite, and Rhodonite by Jessica Winzelberg ($320) - If you know a statement maker, these are the earrings they need. These beauties favor the bold.
13. Alphabet Block Set in Geo by Upon A Wooden Cube ($100) - A fun family gift for those traveling to stay with friends and families for the holidays. This set of wooden blocks might be for kids but good luck keeping the adults from playing too.
14. Limited Automatic Issue Field Watch Latte Dial by Weiss ($1995) - A bit of a splurge but these automatic watches are hand built in the USA and feature an in-house movement that is powered by your body’s natural motion.
15. T-Shirt 2-Pack in Khaki Fog by Lady White Co. ($99) - A timeless wardrobe staple in a color that never goes out of style. Add jeans and boots and you’re ready to go.
16. Eastern Musk Soy Wax Candle by Cavern New York ($16) - Simple and understated. Well balanced scents do the heavy-lifting here. An unfussy addition that fits seamlessly into any room.
17. The Decision Maker by J.L. Lawson & Co. ($24) - Indecisive? Add some style to your carry and some weight to your choices. Rugged meets whimsy.